In Air, Land, & Sea, two players battle for control over each “theater” of war by playing Battle cards and strategically utilizing their special abilities to gain the advantage. Whoever controls the most theaters, claims victory points, and the player who scores 12 victory points first wins the war!
However, you do not have to continue a Battle to the very end. Sometimes, it may be best to withdraw in order to deny your opponent complete victory! In Air, Land, & Sea, a strategic withdraw may lose you the battle to ultimately win the war!
Revised Edition changes:
1. The game is now more color blind (and low light) friendly. Every card now has an icon indicating what theater it belongs to.
2. The back of the theater cards now contains a list of the cards contained within that theater and their abilities. This is meant to be used as a convenient reference when trying to determine what your opponent might be holding.
3. The rule that you can't flip covered cards is no longer a universal rule but has instead been relocated onto individual card texts. So the cards themselves will now specify that you can only flip an "uncovered card,' for example.
4. Wording throughout the cards and rulebook has been improved to make ability interactions more clear.
5. The timing of abilities has changed which will apply in certain rare edge cases. The new rule is that abilities, once triggered, always resolve fully, and in the order they were triggered.